Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Part II

Okay, I went to go run errands with my sister, but now I am back. So, my fourth of July was really fun. We went to St. Louis, which I had never really been to before, to watch the fireworks by the arch. They have all these great free things to do in St. Louis. Soon after we arrived, we went to the zoo, which was free, and I got to see my favorite animal, the snow leopard. Alas, all of the big cats were sleeping, although they looked a lot like my sister's adorable siamese cat while doing so. I wanted to hop in and pet them. Not a good idea. After the zoo, we went downtown where they have this festival, kind of like the Taste of Chicago but called differently, where we watched the air show (kind of boring), listened to Switchfoote playing (v. good), and ate some food (kind of a rip-off-expensive). Then, we got seats and watched the fireworks, which lit up right by the arch, so they looked fantastic. We went and got ice cream after this at some famous place there, which I don't remember what it's called.

The next day, we got up early to go and golf, which I have never golfed before in my life. There were 7 of us, and all of the females had never golfed on a real course before. This was a real course, but it was only 9 holes, which was good, because we wouldn't have survived more than that. I didn't actually play, I more drove the golf cart around, which is my new favorite hobby. My brother-in-law is a really good golf player, he played on the golf team at his college and in high school and is fantastic, so he was giving me and my sister some tips. They let me tee off a couple of times, and I also got to chip and do some putting. The last hole, my sister let me do all by myself. It was really fun. I think I want to be a golfer now. Although, the most embarrassing event of my life happened at that golf course. Before we started, my sister and I went to go to the bathroom, and there was this sign on the women's that said "Women Only", but there was no such sign on the mens, so I thought maybe it was for both genders. Someone was in the women's, so I knocked on the men's door, expecting it to be a one-person bathroom. It wasn't, it had a stall and a urinal, but no one was there, so I decided to go ahead and use the stall, expecting my sister to watch the door for me. While in there, this strange guy came in and started using the urinal, and I didn't know what to do. I felt so embarrassed. I guess my sister told him someone was in there, but he said there was the urinal and went on in before she could stop him. So, her husband came up and she sent him in there to rescue me. He had to start talking to this strange guy while he was using the bathroom so I would recognize his voice and know he was in there. I waited until the guy was gone and then my brother-in-law told me I could come out. He is definitely my hero for the week. I think I will only use the women's restrooms from now on.

After golf, we went home and played FedEx Monopoly, which was fun, and ate a barbecued dinner. Then, we went to this outdoor theatre to see "Annie Get Your Gun", it was called the Muny, and they had free seats in the back which is where I sat. It was really good. The only bad thing was then we didn't get back to Bloomington until 2 in the morning and I had to get up at 6 the next morning for class. I was a bit tired. But it was a great weekend.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger sarahnoel said…

    Do you really want to learn how to golf or do you just want to wear the cute skirts?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home