Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

a new job

You know how I said before that I was going to be working at Blockbuster? Well, just this weekend I got a call from Barnes and Noble offering me the job, so now I am working there! I am pretty excited about it. I just love books and reading, and just being in the atmosphere of a bookstore makes me happy. I love the smell of coffee and leather bound books intermingling. Quite possibly the best smell in the world. I started my training yesterday. We pretty much just toured the store and got explained all aspects of the business. There were three of us in training, another girl and a guy who was kind of cute. He looked kind of young, though. But legal. Hmm. Anyways, I have further training today at 3, where we are going to learn the cash register, and then tomorrow will be our last day of training. I am enjoying it so far, but I haven't even done anything yet. I get 50% off of the cafe, which means frappuccinos at half price!

I also had my friend Sarah come and visit for the weekend. It was so great to see her, especially as it had been over two months since I had last seen her. All we did was talk and watch Buffy episodes. She had to leave before we could finish the last two of the entire series, so now I am on tenderhooks wanting to know what happens. I am going to see if they have them at Blockbuster so I could rent them. I really hope Buffy and Spike end up together. I like them a lot. Both Sarah and I did a lot of swooning over Spike. And she told me that he is actually about 44 years old! I can't believe it. He looks good for his age, that's for sure.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger ec said…

    i hope barnes and noble pays better, because you will work hard there, babe.

    congrats

     

Post a Comment

<< Home