Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Monday, May 16, 2005

A job!

Huzzah!!!!!! I am now a proud new employee of Blockbuster videos! I am so excited. I had an interview last night with the store manager, and then he called today to offer me the position of Customer Sales Representative. So, basically I use the cash register and check in videos and stock the shelves. I think it will be a good job. The manager seemed pretty nice and laid back, which is good. I need to buy some pants to work in, because the uniform is the wonderful blue shirt you see and either biege or khaki pants, but I do not own biege or khaki pants. Darn, I have to go shopping. : )

I had my first day of summer school class today. I felt like it is a continuation of spring semester because I barely had a weekend off. I actually had less days off in-between classes than I did last semester. I have to commute, too, now, although this is currently giving me the chance to listen to the second Harry Potter book on CD in my car. I like that. I am living with my sister and her husband this summer, which has been fun so far. They have the cutest siamese cat, too, which I love to play with. And now between work and school, I should be pretty busy. I'm trying to enjoy this bit of free time I have before I start actually working and doing homework. I went to a scholastic book fair on Saturday and got some books, and so right now I have started the Charlie Bone series. I am reading the first book, Midnight for Charlie Bone, and it is good so far. Nice, light, summer reading. Maybe more appropriate for someone in elementary school, but I like it anyway. I'm actually kind of missing my dorm room and all the people I was making friends with in Champaign. It always takes me awhile to adjust to things, and now I have to adjust to a new town again. But I will be busy, and I'm sure this summer really will fly by. I'll have to enjoy my time here while I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home