Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Friday, August 01, 2008

Curiosity Almost Killed This Cat

I've had a pretty busy past couple of days. My family came to visit me, my mother, sister, and little nephew who just turned 2 years old. This was the first time that my sister and nephew had seen my apartment in Rockford, so it was pretty fun. My nephew is the cutest little boy ever, I feel like he just gets cuter and cuter the older he gets. He's starting to string together sentences and he has such a cute personality that is coming out more and more. He is a little leary of strangers, so it's nice that he is starting to recognize me and feel comfortable around me. While I was enjoying our visitors, Armani, my cat, was not so happy. Parker really enjoys cats because they have one at his house, so he spent a lot of time chasing Armani around the apartment and bossing him around. While my nephew is cute, he is definitely on the bossy side, and we spent almost half an hour with him on my bed demanding "Armani up" and pointing on the bed, at which I would put Armani on the bed, Armani would sit there tense and worried, and leap off the moment Parker would try to pet him. Despite this, Armani continued to follow us all around my apartment because he didn't want to be left out of the action. At one point, Parker was using a play golf club to hit balls, and Armani was sitting nearby watching when Parker accidentally hit Armani on the head. He didn't take that too well. Another time we were packing the cooler to go to the water park, and Armani had his head in it looking at everything, and Parker closed the cooler lid on Armani's head. He didn't like that as much either. Needless to say, Armani slept all afternoon long yesterday when they left.

Speaking of people almost getting killed, I also was watching the X Games yesterday night, the first night of them, and it was skateboarding on this mega-ramp and Moto X bikes doing tricks. It was so fascinating. I don't normally watch sports, but I was spellbound, and not just because I found the guys extremely attractive. I was really impressed during the skateboarding when this guy, Danny Way, broke his foot doing one stunt. It was his first run (they got 5 chances), and he had to be taken away to be looked at by a doctor. He came back in time for his 2nd round and completely nailed it, I was so impressed. They were talking to him afterwards and he was saying he thought his foot was broken and the doctor didn't want him to continue, but he told the doctor he would have to be physically restrained to stop him. He finished all of his runs and came in 2nd place. I was amazed at his strength and dedication to skateboarding, and the fact that he still managed to get 2nd place. It was neat watching the really good people do it, because they made it look so effortless. I almost felt like I could do it, although in reality I think I would actually die if I attempted it. I really think I could marry a professional skateboarder or biker. Now I just need to go meet one.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger ec said…

    because those guys are very faithful to those girlfriends of theirs when they're on the road. :)

    the x games are cool. we'll watch them when i get there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home