Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Monday, March 17, 2008

One season later...

Wow, I can't believe its been a whole season since I have last posted. 3 months. Sorry about that. I have just been feeling so stressed and tired this winter. I don't know if its the fact that it has pretty much snowed every week since December started, and if it hasn't been snowing, its been sub-zero weather. But I finally feel like spring is coming, and its been making me feel much happier. I actually was able to go running outside a few times last wek, and it felt so nice to be outside again. And I only have 3 days until Spring Break! That's always fun.

I've also been rather excited about a Science-Fiction convention that Sarah and I are going to be attending over Labor Day weekend in Atlanta. I also feel a little bit like a nerd attending one. I have only in recent years been able to admit publicly that I like reading Science Fiction and Fantasy books, but I feel like attending a convention is bringing me to a whole new level of geekdom. And yesterday, Sunday, I spent at least 4 hours on-line trying to find a Xena costume that I could wear to it. I didn't really find anything that I liked except this one that costs $899, but it is amazing. You can also buy the breastplate and the wrist guards and everything else that comes with it, and you send him your measurements so he makes it exactly to fit you and uses real leather and everything. Needless to say, I will not be buying it. I'm not convinced that I can go as a sane person and dress up in a costume at a convention like this. I probably will not be telling many people that I am going.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger sarahnoel said…

    I'd say that posting it online is not part of my definition of "I probably will not be telling many people that I am going."

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger ec said…

    I concur with Sarah's statement.

    I can't believe you guys are going all the way to Atlanta. You really should look up Greg.

    Jealous, that would be me at this point.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home