Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Cars

I have found it very different driving in Northern Illinois then driving in the suburbs. For one thing, people drive so much slooooooower than I am used to. I hate it when I am driving down State Street in the left lane and people are going 5 miles under the speed limit. I just don't think people should ever drive under the speed limit. And a lot of times they will pull out in front of me and then proceed to go 5 miles under the speed limit. That really bugs me.

It's also weird driving on all these country roads. Although, another social worker laughed at me when I was describing these roads as "country", but they are surrounded by cornfields, so they must be country, right? Half the time, I can never figure out what the speed limit is on these roads, and then there are no stores for me to figure out where I actually am, and they are all twisty and turny, and then I will get confused about whether or not I'm on the same road I was originally.

Today something else weird happened. I was running on this path and I heard a noise behind me. When I turned to look, a police car was driving up the path after me. My first paranoid thought was that it was pulling me over, but after I moved aside, it just continued up ahead of me. I don't know where it was going on this path barely big enough for it to fit on, but maybe the cop car was feeling the need for some exercise.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:21 AM, Blogger ec said…

    why would a police car pull you over when you're not in a car?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home