Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Hi!

Life has been running along for me. I'm getting more used to my new job, but I still feel a bit unsure about parts of it. I am at three schools, so it is definitely hard to remember everyone's names. At one of my schools, I wish I had a bit more to do, because I feel like I am really reaching to fill my time there. I hope in a couple of months I will feel more sure about what I am doing. I have a parent's event coming up in a couple of weeks to build up relations between the school and home. All of the parents have special needs children, so it is also to show them that they have some support. Ah, the many varied jobs of a social worker.

This weekend was really fun. I went to Dixon on Friday (my first time there) to visit one of my friends from Champaign. We played some video games, went to dinner, and saw Halloween, which really scared me. I couldn't sleep that night because I was so freaked out. It's been awhile since a movie scared me that much, so of course it rated highly in my books. On Saturday, I went with Sarah to Lake Lawn Resort in Wisconsin. My dad owns a room in the resort, and it was owners night, so we got to go and stay there for the evening. It was a nice room with two queen-sized beds. We had fun there. We went the next day over to Lake Geneva to do some shopping, and I got some good stuff. I got this cool purple t-shirt with this cameo on it, and a black knit Michael Stars shirt (my fav. designer). It felt so good to get away and relax for a bit. I'm hoping we can get there again in the winter time, because it was so close and really nice.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger sarahnoel said…

    Winter! Especially because we didn't get to use the 'fire place' this weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home