Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Huzzah for Employment!!!!

I have had lots of little posts going around in my head in these last couple of weeks, and of course, when I finally get the opportunity to post, I cannot remember any of them. So, I guess my big excitement right now is the fact that I have been offered a school social work position! I am really excited about it. Just picture me right now jumping up and down and squealing like a little girl. That's how excited I am. It is only a part-time job, which complicates matters a bit, but I just have faith that this is where God is wanting me right now, and he will provide. I have to start looking for another part-time job in order to make financial matters a little better. I have to start looking for apartments and/or roommates in the Rockford area, I have to quit my job, the list is endless. I did have a conversation yesterday with my supervisor about how I will be ending my job in a month. She was really supportive about everything, and sounded really excited for me. I feel bad about leaving the people, because they all tell me how much they like me the whole time. It's easy to get attached to them.

So, I have been pretty busy lately. Today, tomorrow, and Monday, I am also filling in answering phones at this accounting firm where my sister works, so today and Monday I get the privilege of working a 12-hour day. But I need money for all the stuff I will have to buy for my apartment. I'm trying to save up everything I can right now. I got the air conditioning fixed on my car, which makes me extremely happy. Yesterday for the fourth, I went to see our town's parade, and the highlight was when Peter Roskam came by with a real live elephant. I also saw the fireworks last night with my mom and sister. They were really good.

So, I will continue to keep you updated on the upcoming changes to my life!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger ec said…

    I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU AND SARAH GET TO BE EVEN CLOSER TO EACH OTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    oh yeah, congrats.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home