Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Little Children

I feel like I have been surrounded by babies and children lately. I have been down to midstate Illinois several times now visiting my sister and her 9-month old baby. He has just started crawling, which I have yet to see, but which is very exciting. I visited a friend from junior high last week who had a baby in January, and her little girl was looking very cute. I even had a dream the other night that I was pregnant, and I never dream about things like that. I used to say that I don't want kids until I'm 40, but I'm starting to change my mind the more I'm around them. There are even these two little boys, ages 7 and 4, who live in the same apartment complex I do who I've been speaking with recently. They're home-schooled, so they are around a lot. One is dark haired and one is red-head, and they are both adorable and very precocious. The other day, I heard this "argh" sound behind me, and turning around, I saw the red-headed 4-year-old dressed up in a pirate costume (complete with eye-patch) coming towards me with his plastic sword out to run me through. It was pretty cute.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger ec said…

    reminds me of the picture I have of Ollie's grandson at Peter Pan, he's dressed up like Captain Hook. He was cute too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home