Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

(as David Bowie sings) Under Pressure

It has been a crazy past week for me in-between my grandmother being in the hospital and Easter. I was with her all last week pretty much, and then on Friday, I went downstate Illinois to visit my sister and her family for Easter. It was really fun to see my nephew, he is 8 months old now, and the cutest baby in the world. Not that I'm biased or anything. My dad came down on Friday as well to see my sister and the baby with me, and after lunch, he ended up taking us shopping at Von Maur. That is quickly becoming one of my favourite stores, at least when my dad is there to foot the bill. I got this pair of jean capris from Paige Premium Denim, this line I have been eying for awhile now. I'm not sure they are as comfortable as Lucky magazine was claiming they are, but I guess time will tell. Since it snowed today, it isn't really the type of weather for capris, alas.

The other news is that I applied today for a temporary school social work job that became available here in one of the suburbs of Chicago. It would be from now until the end of the school year. We'll see what happens with that, though. I'm not holding my breath. At least my resume is all updated now, and I have a cover letter written, so it can be tweaked for other positions I'm applying for next year. I definitely work better under pressure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home