Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Sorry so long

Sorry it's taken me so long to write this next post. Life has been busy. Things of note, I went to the book release of the 7th Harry Potter book a few weekends ago. I spent the entire next day reading it, I couldn't put it down, it was so amazing. It was just the perfect ending to the series. I kept wondering how Rowling was going to pull everything together in time because there was so much going on, and she did it beautifully. I won't go into detail for those of you who might not have finished it yet, but I definitely think this book will be around for centuries to come, teaching kids about truth and sacrifice and love.

In my other world, this is my last week of work. I am so excited to be done. Not that I don't like my clients, but I'm just ready for a bit of a break before moving to Rockford and starting my next job. I am getting nervous about it for sure, and trying not to think about it too much right now. This Saturday, I'm leaving for Tennessee to visit one of my best friends before she leaves for a master's program in England. I'm trying not to think about how long it will be before I see her again after this, but I know she'll have an amazing experience there, since I did.

My mom is definitely starting to act sad about me moving away from the Chicagoland area. Not like I'll be super far away, but she's sad that I won't be living with her anymore. I know how sad she was because on Sunday, when we spent the afternoon and evening together, we decided to rent a movie. There wasn't much good out that she wanted to see, so she actually watched Snakes on a Plane with me. I was pretty amused that my mom was willing to watch that. It was pretty entertaining, I mean, the title pretty much says it all. Samuel L. Jackson is all hard in it. Apparently, to be an FBI agent, you have to know how to kill snakes, shoot bad guys, fly a plane, and fix an air conditioning unit. He had some major skills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home