Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Dracula

So, I found Dracula at Best Buy the other day for pretty cheap, so I bought it and watched it the other night. It was pretty interesting, I hadn't watched it in awhile. I forgot about how hot Gary Oldman is in it, in a weird, Romanian vampire type of way. I watched it this time thinking about a comment my friend told me, about how some people read Dracula as a way to prevent the women characters from reaching their full potential, imposing upon them the way of life they believe women should live, very sedate and mediocre, with no strong passions either way. This theory made sense, watching the film. All the people hunting Dracula were men, the men from whom he had stolen their women, and the ones who had been made into vampires were all female. I was glad of my purchase.

On another note, I have found a cool new website, www.laredoute.com, that takes clothes from French designers and sells them here in the states. I recognized some of the brands from when I spent a semester over in France. It's actually pretty cheap, too. You should check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home