Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Sorry I have not posted in awhile. I'd say its been busy, but what kind of excuse is that? When is life not busy? I have started the second semester of my internship. My schedule is changing a little bit in that I will be picking up the junior high a little bit more. I will still be at the high school on Monday and Thursday, and Tuesday I will be at the elementary school, but Wednesday I will start out at the elementary school until 10:40, and then go over to the junior high for the rest of the day. I am a little nervous about that, I do not like the junior high as much, but it will be fine. It's only a half a day.

I think my schedule at Barnes and Noble will be changing, too, for which I am grateful. I am going to go down to only working one day a week, sometime from Monday through Thursday, so I will have my weekends free. I am getting so sick of working a full 8 1/2 hour day on Sunday, it is longer than my time at the school. Plus, my grandma is now at this assisted living home, and I will be paid to take her out a couple of days during the week: probably once during the week and once on either Saturday or Sunday. I will get paid more per hour for taking care of her plus there are no taxes taken out, but I will still keep my discount at Barnes and Nobles (mmmm, frappuccinos).

I have my first class at U of I this Friday, so that wonderful homework will start up again, but it will be fun to drive down with my friend Taylor and catch up on everything. 5 hours in the car certainly lets you do that.

Other than that, I am simply trying to decide what to do next year. I feel like I do not want to be in Wheaton. I want to get away from home for sure. Even this summer, I think I will go and live with either Eden in California or Sarah in Rockford. Just the thought of being at home makes me feel really depressed. I'm ready for some change in my life, something not completely patterned and orderly, which is how I feel my life is right now. I have such a routine for every day: work, exercise, go home and relax. I never do anything really interesting and exciting, for the most part. Maybe I'm just feeling the wanderlust because I have not traveled anywhere in a long time. I am going to Los Angeles for Spring Break, which I am very excited about. And that's still over two months away.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger sarahnoel said…

    Yay, come live with me! We can spend all our time at Magic Waters! (Do waterslides count as exercise?)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home