Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Four-Day weekend

Well, I had a great four day weekend. I didn't do a whole lot, but it was nice to just relax. I saw some friends, played some video games, saw some movies. Everything I like. I have discovered how busy a school social worker really is. There is always somebody else to see, either a student, parent, or teacher, and then there is no time during the day to actually get any paperwork or planning done, so that all has to be done at home. I always feel not enough planned for counseling and group activities, which is hard for me because I am such a planner. But somehow I have been managing to get through everything. Yesterday, I had to do this content learning plan thing for U of I with my two supervisors, and it was kind of an evaluation type thing, and I was really happy with the remarks they were making about how I am doing. It sounds like I'm doing exactly what they are expecting right now and a pretty good job, so that kind of made my day. Now I am relaxing for a moment at the junior high where I just finished up my group before heading back to the elementary school. A rare moment to check emails. Yesterday was a hard day because this three-year old boy in our early childhood program died over the weekend of this rare form of brain cancer. His sister is in our school, so we went into her class to talk to them about death. How do you explain death to an 8 year old? It wasn't easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home