Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Life and Times of the Shopaholic

I have been feeling so much more relaxed since I went down to working one day at Barnes and Noble. It has been two weeks now of that for me, and I think I definitely made the right decision. Not that it is easy taking my grandma out. She has more energy than I do, I think, and that is sad considering she is 83 years old and I am almost 25. I really think she needs a sedative. I am taking my grandma out tonight and tomorrow night. We'll probably go to Borders and read. At least she is quiet when she is looking at her magazines. She talks non-stop otherwise, about the same things over and over. She always asks me about how certain friends of mine are doing, and she even remembers Peter for some reason and will ask me about him from time to time. That's kind of strange. It's hard taking her shopping now because I don't feel I can leave her because she gets panicked if left alone, so I have to stick with her non-stop. And I have to watch to see where she puts her purse because she loses it constantly, leaving it on tables, in bathrooms, etc. She's always telling me how good I look, though, so that's a plus. : )

I had a nice four day weekend last weekend, and I barely did a thing because of that detox diet. I am off of it now, and so happy! I don't know if I feel detoxified, but I lost a couple of pounds, so that is nice, especially getting close to bathing suit season. I went shopping on Monday with my mother for my birthday presents, and I found a lot that i liked. I got this cute purple short sleave spring shirt from Ann Taylor Loft, a yellow cardigan from Express, and this cute almond colored short sleaved sweatshirt zip up shirt from French Connection. It's all cute, believe me. I'm hoping to go shopping with my dad next weekend and get my birthday present from him, so I will keep you updated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home