Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Family Affair

I have never thought of myself as being particularly similar to either one of my sisters. Growing up, I was always told how much I don't look like either one of my sisters, and we have always had our very distinct personalities. You know how in families you get each get known for something? Sarah was always the tempermental one, Chris was the social one, and I was the creative one. Despite our differences, I love my sisters very much and I feel like as we get older, we get closer to each other then ever. So, yesterday I went up to Madison to visit my oldest sister who was there for business. I was going to have dinner with her and two of her work colleagues and then she and I were going to do a little shopping. She introduced me to one guy she works with while this other girl was checking them into their hotel. He started talking about the Batman movie, and was referring to it as being The movie (as in, the only movie out right now worth seeing). So, I made a joke about how the other movie was the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, and my sister starting having a breakdown she was laughing so hard. When I looked bewildered, she informed me that she had just made the same joke a few minutes before I had joined up with them. I could not stop laughing, it was so weird. So, while my sister and I might have some personality differences, apparently we make the same jokes.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger ec said…

    i think that's adorable, actually.

    and go you for posting sooner rather than later. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home