Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Quarter Century

Well, folks, I had my big birthday on Monday. It was a good weekend. On Saturday, I went shopping with my father at Gap and Express, and he spent a bunch of money on me. Then, we had lunch at this sushi restaurant in Wheaton that was very good. I even put some wasabi in my soy sauce to spice things up a bit, and we had this green tea ice cream for dessert. It was so good. I rushed home after this to go to Rockford to see my wonderful friend, and I opened up a present from her and another friend of Dance, Dance, Revolution! My new favorite game. I have been playing it all weekend long. I made my mother and sister take a stab at it on my birthday, too. We went to the Opera on Saturday night and saw Der Rosenkavalier, which was good but long. It was over 4 hours. Next time, I think I want to see Carmen or the Magic Flute, something I might know some songs from.

Sunday was pretty laid back, I slept in, cooked with Sarah, played DDR, and watched the Oscars. I think the highlight of that for me was Reese Witherspoon winning best actress. She is so cute. I drove home on Monday, having taken the day off of work (something I think I will do from now on, it was so great not having anything to do that day.) It was the progressive drive home, I stopped at Barnes and Noble for breakfast before leaving, then I stopped at Target on route 59, and then I stopped at Old Navy and T.J. Maxx on Army Trail Road before getting home around 1:00. I went to dinner at Macaroni Grill that night with my mother, and they gave me the best chocolate cake for dessert. Lots of good food over the weekend.

Now, I am back to work and my birthday is over. Most of my friends called me to wish me happy birthday, so that was nice. I still have a bit of celebrating to do this weekend when my sister and her husband come up, and we will go into Chicago on Saturday to shop and eat at the Grand Luxe Cafe, so that will be really fun. In all, it was a pretty good birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home