Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

For the Love of Books

I'm almost finished reading my book by Bill Bryson called "Notes from a Small Island," and I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes traveling. It was very well written, and it makes me want to write about my travels to places, such as when I will go to London this fall. He's written a bunch of other travel books, so I want to read those as well. There's a lot of good books coming out soon. Charlaine Harris, my favorite Southern Vampire novelist, is coming out with the 6th book in her series today, which I can't wait to check out from Barnes and Noble, but have to wait until next week because this Thursday is inventory day, and everything needs to be in the store. I have this list of books coming out within the next year that I'm excited about, and I check it every so often to see if I'm missing anything that's come out. That is how much of a book nerd I am. I love reading so much. How else do we get to explore worlds that are not our own, and never will be? I think that being an author would have to be the best job in the world. That would be kind of a weird combination, social worker who publishes best sellers on the side. That would certainly supplement the meager checks I get for being in social work. We are definitely one of the most underpaid careers in the world, and we do some of the most good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home