Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Back to the grindstone

Spring break is over. It went by so fast, too fast. I could have used another week off. Or maybe I'm just ready for summer to come, though I will probably have to get another job since I won't be able to pick up enough hours at Barnes and Noble, and I'm not sure where I'll work. I was thinking of applying to a temp agency. I have tons of receptionist experience, and the pay is better than minimum wage jobs. I had a fun time in California, and then didn't do much the weekend I had home. I went to see V for Vendetta, and it was really good. I also (finally!) watched Walk the Line, which I also very much enjoyed. I was such a bum this weekend. I don't know why, but I have just been feeling so tired lately, like I don't want to go out and do much, and this is not like me. I'm not sure what it's about, if I'm just working a lot and feeling tired from that, or if it is something else.

Today my supervisor is gone, so I am social working all on my own, and it's kind of a fun experience. I feel like a real social worker, because this is what it will be like for me next year. I got an email from the agency I'm going to go over to the UK with, saying they noticed it was near my graduation date and wondering what I was thinking about going. I was kind of flattered that they had saved my email and had written me back though it's been about 4 months since I've contacted them. I have to put a CV together, which is different in the UK than it is in America, so that will be interesting. I have a timeline of stuff to do, and I need to get started in this. There is so much paper work to fill out and things to apply for before I go. I'm going to try to get my CV written before the weekend is over so I can send that in. I have a basic resume, but it definitely needs tweaking.

I got a call from one of my friends, Chris, from U of I about going out this weekend. I'm going to meet his new girlfriend. I hope it goes okay, I just hate being a third wheel. We're meeting for coffee and a movie. I also got a call from this girl I used to work with at Barnes and Noble who recently moved to Chicago about coming and seeing her new apartment, so I think I'm going to do that. I also have my last class on Friday! That will be so good to get over, and then I will only have one last assignment, and my graduate career will be practically finished. It is coming up so fast, but I feel ready to be done with school. Especially when I will enter a profession where I will get two weeks off at Christmas and three months off during the summer. : ) Can't beat that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home