Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Well, it looks like I am going to have to be in England next year. I finally got a reply from the UK-Pro people about where I can be, and it sounds like all of their contacts are in or near London. I'm a little disappointed about it but trying not to be. I'm not sure why. I know that I want to spend some time over there in Europe, but I was getting really excited about the prospect of being in Scotland. I was looking at pictures of Edinburgh, and it looks so romantic and quaint. Whereas when I visited London, I almost felt as if I were in New York City or some other big city in America, and I've heard that it is hard to make friends there, so I hope it is okay. The contact lady did say I could be around London if I didn't want to be in London, like she mentioned some suburb called Birmingham which I have never heard of before. Has anyone heard of it? Does anyone know anything about the suburbs? Is it anywhere I want to live? I almost feel like if I'm going to live in England I better live in London because it is the biggest city. I guess you all will have to come and visit me in London instead of Edinburgh, though. I'm at the library and I'm going to check out some books on life in London. There's a good one by Bill Bryson who supposedly is a good author called Notes From a Small Island. I will look around and see what else I can find. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger ec said…

    Dude! It's Europe! It'll be awesome any place. You can always visit Scotland, it's not too bad of a bus ride.

    You're a city girl. I thought you'd like living in London. I did... for a month, but I've heard of Birmingham, but never been. Everything's close, you can take the train anywhere.

    I mean, it's Europe!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home