Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Okay, Now I'm Just Procrastinating

My supervisor has gone over to the other school, and I just finished seeing this girl I counsel for social skills, and I need to make this phone call to a parent that I don't want to do. It's about this boy here at the elementary school who has said he is home alone all day lone on days that he's sick, and it's not right for boys his age (1st grade) to be home alone all day long, so I get to call the parents and ask them whether this is true or not and see if there are any services I can help them out with, such as finding in-home daycare so he's not alone. This is the part of social work I don't feel comfortable with, calling parents and talking with them about how they are not taking care of their child properly, although of course in a supportive way. This job certainly takes tact.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:16 AM, Blogger ec said…

    I don't envy you. That sounds no fun.

    A month baby! and you'll be back in scary LA

     

Post a Comment

<< Home