Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Procrastination Proclamation

I have been finding many creative new ways to avoid my homework, such as cleaning, shopping, reading, looking at magazines, surfing the internet, the list goes on and on. I even had two of my four classes cancelled for this week, one today and one tomorrow, giving me a 5 day weekend, but each day, as the weather gets nicer outside, my will to do anything productive gets inversely smaller. I had such a great weekend, too, I went to Indianapolis to visit a friend, and we spent the weekend just hanging out, shopping, we saw the cutest film called Dear Frankie, and we played on her old-school, 8-bit nintendo. It was great. We also got to catch up on her life, since she recently broke off an engagement. She was explaining to me about how it had nothing to do with their feelings towards each other, since they both loved each other very much, but how she was realizing more and more that it takes more than just love and commitment to make a marriage work. One needs compatibility as well. That kind of screwed with all of my notions about love and marriage, since I always thought that love should be all one needs, but I guess sometimes, love just isn't enough.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger sarahnoel said…

    I am so jealous that you saw Dear Frankie. I don't think it's going to be coming to Rockford. Merchant of Venice was only here for one week, and I couldn't make it to that, so right now my "art theater" is on my grr list.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home