Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Shopaholic

So, I had mounds of homework to do yesterday, but what did I spend my day doing? I read the next Shopaholic book, Shopaholic and Sister. It took me a couple of chapters to get into it, but once I did, I couldn't put it down. I find so much similarity between myself and the main character (although, I have more control when it comes to shopping). But I can totally relate with her obsession with all things new, and also how she always has this idealistic version of how things should be in her mind, and then gets disappointed with the way real life plays out. I feel like I do that a lot. It's kind of gives one some perspective reading a version of yourself, however exaggerated.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger sarahnoel said…

    Ooo. Was the new one good? Worth reading? There's still a Meg Cabot book I need to read, so that'll probably be the next chick lit on my list, but after that...

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger shoppergrl said…

    Yes, the new book was really good. It didn't focus on shopping too much (I mean, you have to have some in the shopaholic books), but it was mainly in the beginning. I would really recommend reading this one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home