Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Monday, May 22, 2006

All Things New

I got the most beautiful camera in the world this weekend. My Dad bought it for me for a graduation present after we went to see Poseidon at the movies. Movie was okay, but the camera made me the happiest girl in the world. The best part is this scene feature you can put it on, where you can choose what type of picture you are taking (examples, beach, snow, indoor, outdoor, portrait, behind glass, document, etc.), and it automatically adjusts itself to take that sort of picture. It's so neat. I want to take pictures of nearly everything, but haven't had anything fun to take a picture of yet. However, my trip to California is coming up soon... It also came with a half a gig memory card for free, so that is nice.

I was pretty busy the rest of the weekend as well. On Friday night, I went to this place in Chicago for some half-price sushi before 7:00 with a group of people from Ecclesia, our post-modern church at Wheaton Bible Church. It was really fun. I saw some people I hadn't really seen since high school, and it was actually pretty even guys/girls. It was a full night of consuming, because after dinner we got dessert at a Swedish bakery, and then we went to this bar after that which has over 100 different types of beers from around the world. I, of course, had an Amoretto Sour, but I did have a taste of an Apple Beer which I'll have if I ever go there again. It was very sweet and kind of tasted like an Appletini. They also had meade, which I'll probably try in London. It seems very Brittish.

I also tried our new young singles sunday school class on Sunday, which was just okay. I mostly talked with people I already knew there. I don't know if I'll go again. We'll see. I only have two weeks of school left, so maybe this summer when I have more time, I'll be more social and try to meet more new people.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger sarahnoel said…

    Your camera is beautiful! I can't wait to help you play with it!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home