Tales from the Sky

The Sky is Falling, and other tales of the macabre.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Flight Info

I just bought my plane tickets to London! I am definitely now committed to going. Not that I wasn't before, but now it is final. I have proof in the form of paper that I will be flying out come August 29th. I'm kind of in shock right now. I have the feeling that these next two months are going to be filled with all my preparations to go. I still have some big things left to do, like get my visa and arrange a place to stay and do a criminal background check and some other things, but for the most part, I am ready to go! The really nice thing was my Dad bought my plane tickets. Those were really quite expensive, so that was a big help.

Other than that, I really have not been doing very much this summer. I'm going to a minor league baseball game tonight (hopefully, it won't rain as it has been doing all day long so far.) Tomorrow is the fourth, and I am driving to Rockford to see the fireworks with Sarah. I went to the Taste of Chicago yesterday with my mom, and that was really fun. Extremely humid and crowded, but fun. My favorite thing that I tried was this mustard-fried catfish with some sort of sweet mustard sauce on it. It was so good. You had to buy tickets for the food, which always makes me mad because you end up spending more than you would otherwise. It was 11 tickets for $7.00, and you had to buy 11 at a time. Each booth did offer taste portions, which I got, which were only about 3 tickets each and had a small sample of something. That way, you were able to eat more food than if you got some huge meal. The train ride home was so crowded that I had to stand for almost all of it. I had never seen it so crowded. I also saw two really good movies this weekend, Click with Adam Sandler (I cried near the end of it, it was so good--the message was really meaningful, about not enjoying every moment of your life and not letting it get away from you) and also the Devil Wears Prada (loved the fashion in it, loved it loved it loved, made me wish I had gone into some sort of fashion major, but not have that boss, obviously.) So, in all I had a pretty busy weekend. I loved it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home